Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Hanging with Auntie DeeDee and Uncle JB

We had a really nice visit from Auntie DeeDee and Uncle JB on the tail end of their honeymoon. Louie thought that JB should have some authentic American BBQ, so we went to Hill Country, this relatively new BBQ place in Chinatown. There happened to be a gospel brunch, which was really fun.The ladies did a lot of dancing while the fellows did a lot of eating.

Mollie showing off her moves.
JB getting in on the action.
Time to get up and get a move on!
After lunch, we walked over to the Newseum for some sightseeing. Here's a cute photo of the newlyweds on the balcony of the museum.
Mollie liked tracing the letters on the wall. Some tourists stopped and took her picture, which only encouraged her to continue on :)
She also had fun playing with the lights in the "in memoriam" section.
"See, Margie, this is how you do it"
After all that museum action, we exited to a rainy DC summer day. But Mollie didn't care - she even found it fun to rub fountain/rain water all over her face and hair.
Once she was soaking wet, we went for a long walk in bright orange ponchos. I cannot believe I didn't get a photo of that - quite the sight to be seen!

1 comment:

  1. I think I took tons of photos of Mollie rubbing fountain water on her face

    ReplyDelete