Camp Grandma continues with pancake making and garden planting!
We met up with our friends Jen and Dave and their kids, Maddie and William for brunch and a playdate. The girls re-enacted Repunzel at the restaurant."I have a dream, I have a dream, I just want to see the floating lanterns gleam!""
Then we headed over to the community garden to plant some seeds. Grandma Liz showed the girls how to dig a ditch and lay out seeds for green peas.
Then they checked out the other plots.
Phew - all that gardening leads to a little rest.
We were joking that in about 15 years, this photo could look pretty similar, perhaps with a non-Shirley temple cocktail (just kidding girls, if you're reading this you better not - we will NOT be amused!)
Time to pick carrots from the garden.
Success!
When we got back to the house Mollie did some painting. Grandma taught her how to mix colors to make new colors - fun!


No comments:
Post a Comment