Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Girls' weekend 2011

Although we typically have our annual girls' weekend in Key West, this year we've all been doing so much travel, we couldn't fit in our usual trip. So instead, Mollie, Nana and I packed up and headed north to visit Auntie Sissy in Boston. We were very lucky and were upgraded to suite where I got to sleep alone and Mollie shared a room with Nana. Here we are in the morning having our coffee/milk in bed.If you have a kid in your life and you find yourself in Boston, I highly recommend the science museum. Not only are there tons of cool activities for the kiddos (including live animal shows, making and racing boats, and painting your own butterfly made of coffee filters) but there are also these super amazing people who walk around and show the kids how to do things. For example, this very friendly lady and her hand puppet who showed Mollie how to put this ball into a maze - over and over and over and over again.
Making boats...After our day at the museum, we went for a long walk to Mandarin Oriental for a snack and cocktail. I must say that my mango margarita was excellent, but the mac and cheese was the star of the show.
Mollie and Auntie Sissy did some intensive coloring.
Duck, duck...

That night we had an excellent Italian dinner and went to Modern Pastry for some cannoli.

The next day was Fourth of July. We had a delicious brunch and Mollie got all dressed up in her festive gear.
We watched Thomas and Friends on the iPad while we waited for our table.
I included this one because I cannot believe that mom sat on this scalding hot slide. Seriously, it was on fire. I don't know how she did it. That's love!

No comments:

Post a Comment